Volunteer at the COA
Volunteer at the COA
We have a dedicated group of 134 volunteers that makes the COA successful! You may give as much time as you wish and make your own schedule. Here are a few of the volunteer opportunities we have available, but if you have something new to offer we'd love to hear from you!
- Be a Mr./Mrs. Fix-it. Small carpentry/repair jobs, fixing windows, replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Become a COA Volunteer Driver. You may drive as little or as much as you wish.
- Be a Community Representative and represent COA in your town. Help put together special events.
- Become a receptionist for the front desk, answer the phone, and help visitors
- Join ORFS, Biking Groups or ORF-Shoots Quiet Waters Kayaking group.
- Help with Conversations with Lunch.
- Share any talent you may have.
- Help with the Courier Newsletter.
- Use your computer skills and work in the office
Value of volunteers at COA:
Total number - 300
Total hours - 8,662
Fair market value of volunteer time - $214,193
Volunteer needs at COA:
Volunteer Opportunities at the COA Chapin Senior Center
Our volunteers play an integral role in COA’s ability to provide services to the members of the nine towns we serve. We are truly a volunteer-based organization and we thank those who are at the heart of COA’s ongoing growth.
BELOW IS A LIST OF VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES AVAILABLE AT COA
► VOLUNTEER DRIVERS
One of COA’s largest volunteer programs, drivers provide COA members who are unable to drive with transportation to appointments, errands and social visits. Drivers use there own vehicles and determine the schedule that best fits their lifestyle.
► DESK VOLUNTEER
This volunteer opportunity involves answering the phone, filling ride requests and generally assisting visitors to COA. Shifts are Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 12:30pm and 12:30pm -4:00pm. Experience is not necessary, we are happy to train.
► NEWSLETTER MAILING VOLUNTEERS
Once a month newsletter volunteers come together to insert flyers and address newsletters in preparation for mailing. A great social event, as well!
► PROGRAM FACILITATOR/INSTRUCTOR
Do you have a skill you’d like to teach or an area of interest that you’d like to share with others? Here’s a great chance to organize a class or a workshop for others who’d like to learn from you!
► MR. FIX IT
This volunteer program provides assistance to those who find it difficult to complete small household repairs and projects.
► COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVES
Help get the word out about COA in your community. Work with other community representatives to plan COA events, distribute our newsletter to areas of interest in your town and help people learn about all COA has to offer.
We’d love to hear from you and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding these volunteer opportunities. Call Karen at 526-6368.